Sportable’s swimming program provides a safe environment for participants to successfully learn a variety of skills, become comfortable in the water, and achieve personal goals. Recreational and competitive sessions are held at facilities conducive to the atmosphere and expectations of the programs. Individualized profiles and adaptive training plans are developed for each athlete to track progression and define measurable goals.
Who Can Play
Not sure if aquatics or swimming is right for you? Email Tyler@sportable.org
This swimming series is geared towards youth athletes, athletes with limited motor function, and athletes who are interested in getting comfortable in the water and learning how to swim. Open to ALL Sportable members, 3 years and older.
- The Sheltering Arms pool is a therapeutic pool. The water temperature may measure up to 92 degrees and may not be suitable for lap swimmers.
- Sheltering Arms does NOT allow athletes that are incontinent to use their pool facilities.
This swimming series is geared towards athletes who have basic swimming skills, are looking to learn more advanced skills, and/or are looking to compete.
- This program is designed for athletes from Novice to Competitive, interested in strengthening their swimming skills and improving their fitness.
- Athletes participating in this program must possess the potential to be independent in the water.
- Open to Sportable members, 5 years and older who can or have the potential to swim at least one length of the pool (any stroke) unassisted.
You will have the opportunity to increase your comfort in the water, learn skills, drills and multiple stroke techniques, as well as improve your overall endurance.
- NOVA does NOT allow athletes that are incontinent to use their pool facilities.
Athletes in the Swimming Program must have the potential to do the following:
- Enter the water independently
- Exit the water independently
- Tread water or hold a resting float (with the ability to transition into a forward movement)
- Swim (any stroke) 25 yards (length of pool, or one lap) independently while taking breaths as needed
As Brenden’s GiGi, Grandma, it means a lot to bring Brenden to a place where he is safe, accepted and truly cared about. Sportable is that place. We joined Sportable in 2018 when Brenden was 3 years old. Brenden, who has spina bifida and uses a wheelchair, loves swimming with Sportable. It gives him the opportunity to be active and participate in activities like other children his age. We have seen his confidence and endurance grow as he continues to participate in swimming. Every week he is excited to attend. As his family we are glad there are other adaptive sports he can try as well like Sportable basketball, which he also enjoys. Being a member means he doesn’t have to feel isolated and can continue to be active into adulthood. Which will mean an emotionally and physically healthy Brenden!