Senior Program Coordinator
Sportable is seeking a highly motivated, energetic individual to join our team. The Senior Program Coordinator position will be a key member of the Sportable program team, with the responsibility of managing and executing a portion of Sportable’s sport and recreation programming. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, outgoing, optimistic, goal-oriented, mission-driven, able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and have experience working with people with disabilities and/or in the sports and recreation field.
This a full-time, exempt position requiring evening and weekend hours.
- The Senior Program Coordinator shall have responsibility and oversight for a portion of Sportable’s sports programming. The primary function will be to plan and deliver sports programming offered by the organization to individuals with physical and visual disabilities.
- Work in concert with the program team to plan and deliver programs, and provide input on the day-to-day operations and direction of future programming.
- Supervise interns, coaches and volunteers, and lead volunteer training sessions for each assigned sport.
- Support data management, grant tracking and administration, athlete registrations, and retrieving outcome-based customer feedback from athletes and volunteers.
- Maintain adaptive equipment, vehicles, and other Sportable resources.
- Participate in staff meetings involving Sportable program staff and, as necessary, coaches and program volunteers.
- Responsible for administrative duties that pertain to sports programming, including but not limited to: outcome reporting, athlete assessments, and tournament paperwork.
- Develop budgets for each sport program. Includes working with COO, Sport and Program Development Manager, coaches and community partners to develop yearly program operating budgets and capital expenditure requests.
- Be a positive and supportive member of the Sportable community and fellow teammates on staff.
- Other duties as identified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Park & Recreation, or related field. Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the field of Therapeutic Recreation or at least 3-5 years of hands-on programming experience in adaptive sports preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly.
- Strong personal initiative and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Well-organized; able to manage time and people efficiently.
- Strong work ethic and high degree of professionalism.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM database management (Salesforce preferred).
- Ability to work remotely and travel to related adaptive sport tournaments and competitions.
Salary and Benefits:
- $42,000-$47,000 annual salary
- Health, dental, vision, retirement benefits
- Generous paid vacation allotment
- Great team work environment
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.