It’s making its way to the East Coast by way of RVA!! Wheelchair Lacrosse is an exciting new sport for those seeking a little more of a challenge.
- Players are known as defensemen, middies, attacks and goalies
- 7 Players on each side including goalies (2 defensemen, 2 midi, 2 attack, 1 goalie)
- Each team must have 3 players in their defensive half and 2 in their offensive half
- Standard sticks are to be used and range from 40-56 inches in total length. Goalies may use standard goalie heads. Defenseman only will be allowed to use sticks up to 56 inches in total length.
- Only two defensive sticks on the court at any time.
- Four 15 minute quarters. Each team gets two 45 second time-outs and two 15 second situation substitution time-outs per half
June 11-August 6, 2014
(Except on July 2)
*Registration is currently closed for this program.
Important: You must have a Sportable Athlete Membership before you can register for our sports programs. Please visit our Membership page to sign up to become a Sportable member.
Courthouse Park Roller Hockey Rink
7232 Courtland Farm Road
Hanover, Virginia 23069
Individuals ages 13 and up with a physical disability* and an interest in the sport of lacrosse.
Please make sure that all athletes have filled out the Waiver & Release of Liability Form and the Medical Information Form. Both can be found in our Form Archives. Please turn in forms at first sport session.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 804. 340. 2991
*The majority of Sportable programs can be adapted for all levels of physical ability, including those individuals who are ambulatory or use a manual or power wheelchair. Sportable reserves the right to hold your registration and place you on a waiting list until we can determine if accommodations for your participation can be made.